GTX 960 FTW Clock Speeds

voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
So I just got a EVGA GTX 960 FTW Edition to replace my r9 270x. With gpu-z it shows a 1468MHz core clock speed and a memory clock speed of 1752MHz. But in unigine valley benchmark It says I got a core clock of 1569MHz. But gpuz reads a max of 1468MHz. Evga precision X reads 1468MHz as well. I don't understand this whole base clock and boost clock thing. Says the boost clock should be 1367MHz acroding to the website. Im confused.

Solution

That is the actual boost clock speed your card works at under full load, or in simple words while gaming. Even if the card's boost clock is rated at 1367mhz, NVIDIA cards automatically boost even beyond that under gaming loads, this is how NVIDIA's GPU Boost 2.0 Technology works.

My unigine valley benchmark always reports the wrong values on my core lol so ignore it..

Sahaj Pal

Honorable
May 15, 2013

That is the actual boost clock speed your card works at under full load, or in simple words while gaming. Even if the card's boost clock is rated at 1367mhz, NVIDIA cards automatically boost even beyond that under gaming loads, this is how NVIDIA's GPU Boost 2.0 Technology works.

My unigine valley benchmark always reports the wrong values on my core lol so ignore it..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS