Gtx 960 performance issues

vestedchicken65

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014
i have recently built a pc which i bought a msi gtx 960 for i also have an amd fx 8320 and 8gb ram, on games like arma 2 and planetside 2 i am only getting 30 fps which i know i should be getting higer. is there anyway i could maybe fix this.

Solution
What settings are you using in games? whats your post proccesing, and resolution, as these two settings absolutely kill 2gb vram a lot.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Sometimes my boost clock doesn't kick in even if I have that option ticked, example: Far Cry 4 I have to alt tab out and back in for the boost clock to kick in even WITH that option ticked. Dunno the cause of it, but its a work around. Without alt+tab the clock speed stays low, and my framerates hover around 30.

TNT27

Distinguished
Maybe Nvidia is getting so biased, if it even detects amd cpus it kills performance. (jokes)

for planetside 2, you very well could be seeing a cpu bottleneck, is that 30 FPS seen in huge battles? This game actually needs superb ipc to even maintain an average of 60 FPS, due to horrible optimization, and the scale of it.

Far Cry 4, you should be seeing a lot more than 30 FPS, especially since Crytek games tend to be optimized (biased) for Nvidia gpus.

vestedchicken65

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014

what does using alt tab do?

vestedchicken65

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014

sorry im new to all this what is postprocessing and i didnt mean to chose this as the solution