[SOLVED] GTX 970 80 degrees 100% fan speed

vodliedood

Commendable
May 10, 2020
So I got a gtx 970 for 100$ used. It's the jetstream model and I'm pretty sure it's one of the better coolers. Putting it at 100% load in valley on 100% fan speed it reaches 80 degrees celsius which isn't really that good of a sign. Thermal paste is fine same thing with the fans... What could be the cause of this issue? Airflow in my case is just fine

Solution
this kind of cooler takes air from case and pushes it back in case, poor case airflow will make temperature go high
u can do small test, remove side panel from case and see if temperature drops

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So I got a gtx 970 for 100$ used. It's the jetstream model and I'm pretty sure it's one of the better coolers. Putting it at 100% load in valley on 100% fan speed it reaches 80 degrees celsius which isn't really that good of a sign. Thermal paste is fine same thing with the fans... What could be the cause of this issue? Airflow in my case is just fine
Nothing wrong really with 80C running a stress test.

That temp seems fine to me and I would leave it be if I wasn't having problems.

TRENDING THREADS