Question GTX 970 at fault for bad image quality?

Jun 20, 2019
Hello all,

I've had this issue with my GTX 970 for a while now. Be it in games or on the desktop, images or really anything always look kind of blurred with jagged edges, even on high graphics settings, especially high AA settings. When I directly compare the Full-HD on my PC with that on my Notebook or screenshots/videos of similar games online, the difference is quite noticeable.
I was first suspecting it to be a faulty cable or my monitor. Thats when I upgraded from my BenQ RL2755HM to a Asus VG278Q and the problem still persists.

Other things I've tried:
  • uninstalled and reinstalled Geforce Drivers
  • used different monitors on that PC
  • reinstalled windows entirely multiple times
  • removed graphics card and sent it in for warranty , however they found nothing wrong with it.
Could the card itself be faulty in such a way that the image quality drops? I've read other threads with similiar issues also involving a GTX 970 but these seem quite outdated or have not been continued.

My other specs:
lntel Core i7 4790K - 4GHz retail
MSI H97 Gaming 3 - Socket 1150
Toshiba 3.5 1TB SATA3 DT01ACA100 7200rpm 32MB
128GB SanDisk 2,5 SATAIII RETAIL retail
16GB PC 1600 CL9 KIT (2x8GB) Crucial OC Ballistix Sport retail DDR3
ASUS STRIX-GTX 970-DC2OC-4GD5 4096M
Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 135mm Silent Wings
Be Quiet! L8-700W Pure Power 80+ Bronze
CoolerMaster N400 (B white LED) USB3.0
BenQ RL2755HM 27'' Gaming Monitor

Would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

Last edited:
Are you using a direct digital connection from the card to the monitor, and are you using any scaling?

New problem or always been there?

Drivers you are using? You may want to go back to an earlier driver if you are using a Turing generation driver

Jun 20, 2019
The card is directly connected to the monitor, i am currently using DP. I switched from HDMI on my old monitor to see if it made a difference. No scaling afaik. It has always been this way. As far as I experienced it the drivers didn't have any effect at all on the quality, but what driver would you suggest?

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hello all,

I've had this issue with my GTX 970 for a while now. Be it in games or on the desktop, images or really anything always look kind of blurred with jagged edges, even on high graphics settings, especially high AA settings. When I directly compare the Full-HD on my PC with that on my Notebook or screenshots/videos of similar games online, the difference is quite noticeable.
I was first suspecting it to be a faulty cable or my monitor. Thats when I upgraded from my BenQ RL2755HM to a Asus VG278Q and the problem still persists.

Other things I've tried:
  • uninstalled and reinstalled Geforce Drivers
  • used different monitors on that PC
  • reinstalled windows entirely multiple times
  • removed graphics card and sent it in for warranty , however they found nothing wrong with it.
Could the card itself be faulty in such a way that the image quality drops? I've read other threads with similiar issues also involving a GTX 970 but these seem quite outdated or have not been continued.

My other specs:
lntel Core i7 4790K - 4GHz retail
MSI H97 Gaming 3 - Socket 1150
Toshiba 3.5 1TB SATA3 DT01ACA100 7200rpm 32MB
128GB SanDisk 2,5 SATAIII RETAIL retail
16GB PC 1600 CL9 KIT (2x8GB) Crucial OC Ballistix Sport retail DDR3
ASUS STRIX-GTX 970-DC2OC-4GD5 4096M
Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 135mm Silent Wings
Be Quiet! L8-700W Pure Power 80+ Bronze
CoolerMaster N400 (B white LED) USB3.0
BenQ RL2755HM 27'' Gaming Monitor

Would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.
First try your gpu with another power supply and if it still the same try it on another motherboard,Last thing you can do is to try the gpu in other pc.