GTX 970 can't run on high resolution/windows crashes!

Sep 22, 2018
Hi guys, i'm having problems with my GTX 970 4G Winforce videocard!
I put my new gaming pc together with all new parts except the videocard (gtx 970 ti)
Once i run my pc i cant update the videocard and the display stays in LOW resolution, everytime i download and manually install the right driver (i tried them all!) and restart; my pc crashes.
It starts most of the times but can't change the resolution, it's like my pc can't handle the videocard on high resolution...it keeps loading my screen on 800x600 resolution.
I have temperarely changed my videocard with my old GTX 750 Ti and my pc works fine now, gaming as well. So the gtx 970 has some problems, i assume its been overclocked by the guy who gave me the card since they used it for a gaming contest (event).
I'm not an expert in videocards but i do know the basics.
Does this mean that the card is overheated and can't run on high res or does it need some underclocking, is my PSU too weak for this card/pc??
I would like your help guys!
Specs:
i7-7700K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB Windforce (GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD)
8GB Ram
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170-Gaming 3
Storage: WD Green SSD wds240g2g0 (240 GB)
PSU: Sharkoon WPM600 Bronze rated 600W

Sep 22, 2018

I have installed a new windows 10 version. But only running on the old gtx 750
Have not tried it with the gtx 970..
You think windows might (have) been the problem?

Sep 22, 2018

So i plugged in the videocard with the new windows and same problem, windows crashed and went black.
Card seems broken/overheated...don't know the problem. :??:

Sep 22, 2018

I don't think so, was plugged in correctly and have been careful all the time. It is an used card so i don't know whats been done to the card before i got it...

Sep 22, 2018

Finally got the chance today to upgrade my videocard with a another (practically new) GTX 970 and it works fine!
So in other words, the old card was broken/overheated.
Thanks for the replies.