gtx 970 fans maxing out randomly when not under load

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
i had this problem before and sent it in for RMA(gigabyte g1) and they were not able to make the card have the same problem that i was having so they sent it back. what it was doing, the fans on the gpu would randomly spin up to max rpm and i would lose all control over the fan speed to be able to change it, even HWMonitor was showing the fans rpm at 0rpm when it does this. anyways this would happen off and on and usually running display driver uninstaller and then updating my drivers would fix it temporarily. this was about 9 months ago, however it did it randomly once today, so i went to nvidias most recent driver and now its running at max fan speed 24/7. when i uninstall my drivers and boot the pc the fans are fine, but once geforce experience starts installing the graphics drivers the fans crank right back up and i have no clue what to do and i cant roll back a few versions due to the stupid geforce experience only way of installing drivers. https://gyazo.com/70e2158a32618368ef1ef42e081c0b74