gtx 970 Furmark stress test

Jul 8, 2018
Help please ;)

So while playing War thunder a strange crash started occurring i can play the game normally until i die or lose all my vehicles and then i when i press return to hangar pc reboots. After looking at a few things that might be causing the problem tried stressing my gpu, cpu and noticed a strange thing when i run Furmark full screen and press esc to close it pc reboots so whats that about?

I recently switched out my mobo,cpu,ram. Using my old Gpu.

Gpu and Cpu are running stock right now except that i turned on xmp for my ddr.

System specs:

msi gtx 970

i5 8600k
Asus z370-a Prime
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4-2666 Kit

Hope i wrote this well enough for you to understand the issue and if you need more info ask.

Furmark's stress tests were considered almost too stressful several years back, as the graphics scenerey would shift load from 5% to 100% and rapidly back and forth, straining assorted current regulators possibly even unnecessarily...

Inadequate PSU could be an issue, or, running a GPU in an older MB that cannot properly supply 75 watts thru PCI-e slot as required with new GPUs...(unlikely with your new Z370)

Jul 8, 2018
I have an Antec True power classic 650 Watt PSU pretty sure that's not the issue. anyways the restarts seems to happen as soon as the gpu is not under load, or when its switching from full load to idle, but this didnt happen with my old components

Alas, if you are seeing it in games too, there's an issue...

Trying a new/different known good PSU of sufficient wattage will always be step 1 for such symptoms....(assume not using any sort of Y adapters, assuming PSU has sufficient PCI-e power inputs for GPU....

Jul 8, 2018
Ok myb this is somewhow connected my visual c++ libraries 2013 2015 are uninstallable as in when i got into ad/remove programs and try to uninstall it say that they cannot be found, just now i ran some c++ pack uninstaller installer so now i have duplicates of those 2013 2015 libraries the new ones can be removed well anyways myb trhis fixes my problem now will see, thx for all the answers.