Question GTX 970 G1 Gaming burnt help (pictures)

Aug 7, 2020
Two days ago there was heavy raining in my country my pc is always asleep and there was lost of electricity shutdown , so yesterday i tried to turn on my pc and it smelled burnt, so i deattached my gpu and everything is fine, I have 5year experience about soldering bga chips etc(working), so if someone can give me directions for these chips it had shorcircuit as i can see in the memory chips if someone can help me and give directions it would be pretty helpful.

Here’s pictures if someone understand the chips and their names would be helpful:
Picture
Burnt chips
Another POV
Picture 2
Chips
Clear picture

No telling what needs to be replaced.
I think you need to abandon the card and buy a replacement.
Likely, the rain was accompanied by a nearby lightning strike that
caused the problem.
If you can, a UPS might be a good idea to prevent a future occurrence.

Aug 7, 2020
Yes, i studied that those are VRM, i did digging the layer of the motherboard has shortcircuit even below the chips il try tomorrow at work to stop and found till which layer of digging is the shortcircuit and see if i manage to calculate cause two rows are the same chips and the others are diffrent. Even the graphite layer on the motherboard has shortcircut :/ digging doesnt stop it...
as i know i think its waste of time, but its sketchy from the intrent to buy used gpu in my country these gpus are overpriced bought it for 480$ in my country 4years ago. My heart is kinda hurt to throw it in the bin.
Here’s update:
Photo
Digging

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS