GTX 970 is broken?

jotamaister

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Hi, I've bought my msi gtx 970 ME Edition three days ago and I think it's broken. Everytime I test the 3GB stress test with MSI Kombustor the GTX 970 runs out of memory (OpenGL Error: no enough GPU memory for fur texture) sometimes even fails at 2GB test, Is this normal? I already knew of the 3.5 VRAM problem but it's like if the graphic card didn't have even that VRAM. I bought it at a cheap price (280 euros instead of 360. Im from Spain), the seller said it was tested and fully working because it was already sold to another customer but the guy returned the graphic card. I think this is called refurbished?. I think there isn't any incompatibility issues with other components. I tested with 3 different HDMI cables and 2 different TV's (without updating drivers and after that updating) and the problem is still there. BTW I first played Dead Rising 3 and it crashed saying running out of memory but probably is because of the VRAM of the Video card and not physycal ram?. Sorry for my bad english im from spain. I hope there is no mistakes and you understand me thanks in advance.

My Specs:
CPU: I5-3550
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12 Bronze EVO Edition
Samsung SSD Drive 850 120GB
Windows 7 SP1

jotamaister

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Can someone with a GTX 970 do the same test with OC Scanner X and on 3D Test option run the Furry E (GPU memory burner::3072MB) then tell me how much MB does load? Thanks