Question GTX 970 issue

Rub_Porras

Commendable
Nov 2, 2020
Hi guys, i have an issue, the problem is this: my old graphics card got RIP, while i buy a new one i tried to use an old gtx 970 that i had stored, in plain sight it work, my pc starts up, windows recognize it and automatly update the drives, afther that i run Furmark benchmark at 1080p test getting arround 9 fps, i actualized the drivers to the lastesd one and tried to play Genshin and the same, i got 10 fps, but this time i was monitoring with Aftherburnning and i noiced that GPU power consumption were over 400 w, monitoring with GPU-Z i saw that even idle continue consuming 400 w+, it has any solve or my GTX 970 is death too? GPU-Z

Specs
i7 6700
Asus H 170 Pro Gaming
corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2666mhz 2 x 4gb
EVGA 500w 80plus Bronze
GIGABYTE Gtx 970 (GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD) rev 1.1
Adata XPG Spectrix s40g RGB 512gb
Kingston A400 480gb

Last edited:
Hi guys, i have an issue, the problem is this: my old graphics card got RIP, while i buy a new one i tried to use an old gtx 970 that i had stored, in plain sight it work, my pc starts up, windows recognize it and automatly update the drives, afther that i run Furmark benchmark at 1080p test getting arround 9 fps, i actualized the drivers to the lastesd one and tried to play Genshin and the same, i got 10 fps, but this time i was monitoring with Aftherburnning and i noiced that GPU power consumption were over 400 w, monitoring with GPU-Z i saw that even idle continue consuming 400 w+, it has any solve or my GTX 970 is death too? GPU-Z

Specs
i7 6700
Asus H 170 Pro Gaming
corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2666mhz 2 x 4gb
EVGA 500w 80plus Bronze
GIGABYTE Gtx 970 (GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD) rev 1.1
Adata XPG Spectrix s40g RGB 512gb
Kingston A400 480gb
From what I'm seeing, you've installed new drivers on top of old ones and that can cause all kinds of issues. Try running DDU to clear out all traces of your current driver installation and then do a fresh install afterwards. That just might fix your problem because installing new drivers over old drivers can cause a tonne of problems.

I always use DDU when installing or updating my driver package and I never have driver issues as a result.

Rub_Porras

Commendable
Nov 2, 2020
From what I'm seeing, you've installed new drivers on top of old ones and that can cause all kinds of issues. Try running DDU to clear out all traces of your current driver installation and then do a fresh install afterwards. That just might fix your problem because installing new drivers over old drivers can cause a tonne of problems.

I always use DDU when installing or updating my driver package and I never have driver issues as a result.

I did but the problem persists. GPU-Z (Afther DDU)

Reactions: Avro Arrow