GTX 970 to 4K TV connection

the_unit

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
Hi all,

I have a GTX 970 with a mini/micro HDMI port and a DVI port. I was wanting to connect this to a 4K TV which has a standard size HDMI port and a VGA port. Is there any way I can connect my PC to this TV and have 4K output for games? I am aware of some adapters however I have only come across adapters that support up to 1080p only.

Regards.

the_unit

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015

I have a Gainward card. I have seen the HDMI 2.0 cables, however they seem to be the full size port, not the micro/mini which I need to fit into the card's port.

Smoky Mcpot

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
Hi there it sounds like you have the same gtx 970 as me i only have mini HDMI and dp ports and have tried a number of different solutions but the one that works for me is a mini HDMI adapter and a 1.4 or 2.0 HDMI cable and YES i can confirm that HDMI 1.4 does indeed give you 4k@60hz. Don't bother with mini dp to HDMI adapters as i could only find adapters that supported up to 30hz the post above with the mini HDMI to HDMI cable is also an option and probably the best and if when you get an adapter or cable you have problems getting 4k try updating your BIOS. I had everything i needed to get 4K 60hz but my BIOS was not the latest version and i kept getting a green or pink screen every time i tried to go up to the highest resolution. I started a thread on another forum and spent a lot of money on cables and adapters before i found out that my problem was my BIOS version and with lots of help solved all my problems http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1516015-can-i-run-skyrim-in-4k/ maybe it will help you or someone else.

Good luck