Chrisse123

Commendable
Aug 16, 2019
Hi, I am wondering if it’s worth upgrading/possible for my pc. I mainly play games on my PlayStation but from time to time I play some pc games (in 1080p and 144hz if possible).

I use my pc for video editing also!
Is it possible to upgrade the graphics card, and what card would you recommend (thinking about bottlenecking). And do you recommend any cpu? (Basically I’m looking if there are any upgrades available to let me improve graphics/FPS in games). Is getting a second gtx 970 and doing sli an option? (Even though I probably have to upgrade PSU then).

Or should I wait a year or two and get a completely new pc when the new graphics cards hopefully are cheaper?

My current build is:

(PSU) Cooler Master B500
(CPU) Intel core i5-4690
(Motherboard) Msi B85-G43 Gaming
(Ram) HyperX Savage Ddr3 1600Mhz 24GB
Ssd

Solution
Budget? Usa?

I'd avoid sli. It's mostly dead. Dropping in a 4770k can do wonders for your system over all. But i wouldn't spend new money on that old cpu. Which gpu depends on your $$$. The 970 and 1060 are similar. The 1050 would be weaker, the 1050ti might be as well. I currently suggest no card if prices are this bad.

4745454b

Titan
Budget? Usa?

I'd avoid sli. It's mostly dead. Dropping in a 4770k can do wonders for your system over all. But i wouldn't spend new money on that old cpu. Which gpu depends on your $$$. The 970 and 1060 are similar. The 1050 would be weaker, the 1050ti might be as well. I currently suggest no card if prices are this bad.

Last edited:
Solution

Latest posts