[SOLVED] GTX 970 Video Stutters on Youtube and Horrible Input Delay on Games

Nov 20, 2020
whenever i overclocked my graphics card to increase fps. i was thinking everything would go good right? no, i play a game and my gpu would make weird noises (not coming from speakers) coming from the gpu itself like a screeching noise whenever a game has a lot of fps. then when i watch youtube, its perfectly fine until the video starts tearing super bad and acts like the video is dropping frames itself and i had massive decrease in frames in all games. i went from have 60 frames constant in warzone to have 30 and lower now with input delay. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Solution
try to uninstall all your monitoring software, which would be all mainboard utilities (if u have them installed), RGB control software, overclocking tools which can run in background (msi afterburner included), and hmm even steam or similar "game" monitoring stuffs which runs in background and doing what u dont know :)

next step would be checking for malware

another step would be reinstalling your GPU drivers
use DDU to uninstall your previous drivers
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

if that doesnt help, u can freely test your GPU in another PC, but most likely GPU safe mode kicking in
Nov 20, 2020
whenever i overclocked my graphics card to increase fps. i was thinking everything would go good right? no, i play a game and my gpu would make weird noises (not coming from speakers) coming from the gpu itself like a screeching noise whenever a game has a lot of fps. then when i watch youtube, its perfectly fine until the video starts tearing super bad and acts like the video is dropping frames itself and i had massive decrease in frames in all games. i went from have 60 frames constant in warzone to have 30 and lower now with input delay. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
i also got rid of the overclock and it still does this

try to uninstall all your monitoring software, which would be all mainboard utilities (if u have them installed), RGB control software, overclocking tools which can run in background (msi afterburner included), and hmm even steam or similar "game" monitoring stuffs which runs in background and doing what u dont know :)

if that doesnt help, u can freely test your GPU in another PC, but most likely GPU safe mode kicking in

Solution
Nov 20, 2020

how do i get rid of gpu safe mode