GTX 970 vs GTX 1060 Better Pick

Oct 5, 2018
Recently upgrade my old PC and gonna buy a new VGA..

I will buy either gtx 970 or gtx 1060, i know the gtx 1060 is slightly better, but its kinda pricey, its about 130$ more than the gtx 970

Just want to know if the 130$ is worth to spend, this is my current system :

i7 3770
Gigabyte h61m-ds2
16 gb ram (2x 8gb)

I usually play a game like The Witcher 3, Forza 3,etc.

Solution
As long as new is through an authorized importer (warranty purposes). I'd certainly consider getting the GTX 1060 new. Rather than a card which could be 4 years oid and heavily used.

EVGA's warranty is global. Regardless of country of origin. Although if not bought through an authorized reseller. The warranty starts from the manufacturing date not the purchase date. Not all brands have this warranty.
https://www.evga.com/articles/00671/
Are these both new prices or both used prices? I certainly wouldn't spend an extra $130 if the used/new status is the same. Without knowing your country and prices you are looking at. I couldn't advise further.

In the US for example. Used prices are out of whack. I used GTX 1060 3GB and GTX 970 both run about $120 on average. A used GTX 1060 6GB runs about $160 on average. There are higher and lower prices. In this case a GTX 1060 6GB is certainly worth it and you'd be mad to consider a GTX 970 in any circumstance.

Oct 5, 2018
I live at indonesian. Oh yeah i forgot about that , the gtx 1060 is at new price, and the gtx 970 is used price, but a used gtx 1060 is rather hard to find, so the only option for gtx 1060 is new purchase

As long as new is through an authorized importer (warranty purposes). I'd certainly consider getting the GTX 1060 new. Rather than a card which could be 4 years oid and heavily used.

EVGA's warranty is global. Regardless of country of origin. Although if not bought through an authorized reseller. The warranty starts from the manufacturing date not the purchase date. Not all brands have this warranty.
https://www.evga.com/articles/00671/

Solution