Question GTX 970 Working in old rig, but not main rig

Ross12345

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
I upgraded to a RTX 2060 so ave been considering selling my 970 but first i had to replace the fans since one of them was broken which i did and removed old paste from the gpu and used my artic silver paste, i then put it back together. So i decided to check if it works in my old rig works fine and to double check if it works in my main rig it doesn't which is weird because i used to use the 970 in the main rig. made sure the cables were in correct that goes for the power cables as well and nothing. i noticed it powers of really fast, like it shorts my PC making me think this could be a main issue with my main rig power supply , but i check all power cables on my 2060 to make sure the cables aren't damaged and the power cables seem fine so could it be the main rigs psu can't cope with too much power, since i am also running water cooling as well now on my cpu which maybe taking up, more power, arghh i got no clue what the cause actually is. scared to sell the card in case same issues happens to the person, i sell it to but it works in my old rig so hope not.

PC Specs -
600w evga
corshair h100x water cooler
amd ryzen 1600
16gb 3000mhz team group ram