bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
im planning to change my GPU to gtx980 or gtx 1650 super, i will play apex legends or valorant and stream both of the game. Which one would be best for my pc?

thanks

Solution
Strictly for gaming, the 980Ti has better raw performance and the Ryzen 7 should have enough spare CPU-power to do software encoding.

You may need to factor in a PSU upgrade in the purchase price though, a likely passable to sort-of-ok 550W CoolerMaster PSU may not be enough for a 980Ti.

The 1650 Super has lower raw performance but has a more recent video encoder and won't require a PSU upgrade, which probably makes it the better choice for streaming.

Ethereum mining may come to an end at the end of this year. If you can wait for a little while, miners may start dumping GPUs soon and 1650S may come back down to more reasonable prices. Worst case, it appears that Nvidia has resurrected the 1650-1660S, so there is also a small chance...

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
For streaming, you would likely want the 1650 Super for Turing NVEnc unless the rest of your PC is powerful enough to handle software-based encoding without causing hiccups in your games.
Right now my pc is using ryzen 7 pro 2700, ram 2x8 gb 3200 mhz, asrock ab350 pro4 and cooler master 550w bronze. Sorry i forgot to put ti in the end, In my place gtx 980 ti and gtx 1650 super have same price, so i got a little confused. With that specs, which one will support my streaming and gaming?

thanks for your reply sir

InvalidError

Titan
Strictly for gaming, the 980Ti has better raw performance and the Ryzen 7 should have enough spare CPU-power to do software encoding.

You may need to factor in a PSU upgrade in the purchase price though, a likely passable to sort-of-ok 550W CoolerMaster PSU may not be enough for a 980Ti.

The 1650 Super has lower raw performance but has a more recent video encoder and won't require a PSU upgrade, which probably makes it the better choice for streaming.

Ethereum mining may come to an end at the end of this year. If you can wait for a little while, miners may start dumping GPUs soon and 1650S may come back down to more reasonable prices. Worst case, it appears that Nvidia has resurrected the 1650-1660S, so there is also a small chance of prices coming back down thanks to new stock trickling into the market. People going out for summer and life returning closer to normal may also reduce sales and contribute to more sane prices.

Reactions: spentshells
Solution