Question GTX 980 Ti Not Showing Up in Device Manager and No Signal

Apr 29, 2021
Hello all! I recently put together an anime themed build for my girlfriend but ran into quite a severe issue. When I completed the build on day one, everything posted without a problem and I was able to install W10 20H2 without much of an issue. However, on day two, I tried to turn the computer on so I could start all of the rest of the updates and get the drivers install for her GTX 980 Ti, but it wouldn't post, only IGP would once the HDMI was switched over. I am able to use the computer without any issues with the UHD 630 graphics which was when I looked into device manager to see if the card was still being detected, which it was not. I restarted the system and went into the BIOS and under IGP settings under advanced, it shows the system using PEG @ 32MB of shared memory, and IGP isn't the first thing selected so I figured in the BIOS the card is actually showing up. I switched the GPU out with a friends GTX 1650 he had lying around in an HP Omen to which my girlfriends computer still did not detect. Going back into device manger, the GTX 1650 was not showing up under Display, only UHD 630. I tried taking everything apart, taking the battery out and unplugging the PSU to see if I could just hard reset the CMOS and get everything to reboot to no avail. I tried booting with a single stick of ram which again, did nothing. I tried using different connectors and different monitors to which again, did nothing. So I am at a complete loss as to what happened. Day one, everything worked fine. The 980 Ti booted fine and the system recognized it. Day two, it just disappeared. Is this a motherboard issue? I cannot use a different PCIe lane as the PSU basement restricts the bottom lane to thin, one slot cards.

System specs:

CPU: i5 9600K w/aftermarket cooler (in BIOS, runs at 29*C)
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980 Ti
Motherboard: B360 Mortar Titanium
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz
PSU: AresGaming 650W 80+ Bronze (I read a lot of really good reviews of this PSU before purchasing it as it came with two 8 pin EPS and two 8 pin PCIe cables)
Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue M.2

Apr 29, 2021
Hello! Your PSU brand seems to have a bad rap for being a hunk of junk, having no website or Customer Support, and has repeatedly shown that its products don't last more than three years. A cheap PSU is never a good thing, if you trust my advice, go buy a corsair 650watt PSU, they are a name brand and are recognised for being a lead brand for cases and PSU's for a long time.

Apr 29, 2021
That's what I thought about doing was heading to Best Buy and picking up a PSU from them and seeing if that resolves the issue. But my question on that then is, why would everything work day one and then not on day two? And how could the PSU be the issue as well when the GTX 1650 was installed and requires no external power? Just a genuine question.

Apr 29, 2021
How long has the PSU been in use for, how long has the Mobo been in use for, have any accidents occurred in the past? The 1650 not working may be explained because your PSU is possibly dead, so it wouldn't power on regardless of external power being absent. I had a 450watt PSU hooked up to a 780ti and it ran Sea of Thieves for a full hour before blowing up. Had to get a new PSU. I recommend getting a new PSU for your girlfriends build, it's the most logical next step. Don't cheap out on a new one, get one that you know will last for a good while.

Apr 29, 2021
Well, I bought the PSU brand new and used it for a day. Literally. Not joking. Motherboard has been in use for 2 or 3 years so it's basically still a baby. I find it weird that the PSU would have "died" that quick if that is the case as it looked as though it had solid build quality and the weight to go with that build quality.

Apr 29, 2021
Bought a brand new EVGA 700W PSU from Best Buy. Still didn't work. I'm thinking it's the motherboard at this point. I have a motherboard speaker I can use to see if there is a beep code.