GTX 980 Ti - Poseidon or Hydro Copper

Nymical

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015
So, I am building a Gaming PC for the first time. I need a 980 Ti with liquid cooling. If I were to do reference PCB and a water block it would be the Hydro Copper from EVGA. I am undecided between that and the ROG (by ASUS) Poseidon which is a hybrid that has a water loop in it like many waterblocks do but also a vapor chamber and fans. ASUS card performs around 48-50 Celsius when water cooled and EVGA at around 41-47 (temp testing data isnt that high quality), though the EVGA card is Non-Reference and $100 more. I need opinions on which to get, and experience working with either or temp info. (For reference, I am using the ASUS ROG Maximus 8 board, so the Poseidon would look cooler) So far, the only plus I see with EVGA is lower temps, though if anyone knows anything about them adding a Classified (their Non-reference trademark) Hydro Copper, I would love to hear it. Thank you!! [This thread was previously in another section, but I moved it here and changed around what I was asking from the entire system to just the card - I only got 1 response before]

Solution
Grab the poseidon if it goes better with your build. They're all going to end up roughly performing the same in the end, unless you plan on custom bios and additional voltage and that type of thing, otherwise either will do. The poseidon has better power phase too. If it was kingpin or classified, those might be better for voltage increase with custom bios and such.

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
Grab the poseidon if it goes better with your build. They're all going to end up roughly performing the same in the end, unless you plan on custom bios and additional voltage and that type of thing, otherwise either will do. The poseidon has better power phase too. If it was kingpin or classified, those might be better for voltage increase with custom bios and such.

Solution