[SOLVED] GTX 980 ti reference Cooler Fan

evyosh

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
Guys need help: do the GTX 980 Ti blower type fans run all the time or do it turn off when the GPU is not below temps? like newer GPUs

Solution
JTaZ1kF.png

this should explain it

evyosh

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
that depends on gpu firmware settings, tho im not sure if VRM would like it
when you say firmware setting how can I find it? I am about to buy this 980Ti card but the guy just mentioned that the fan works when the temps go up. I have no experience with gtx 980 ti reference type blower coolers.
as I have heard that the blower type cooler always stays on right?

johnsoner13

Respectable
If you don't know the answer to my question you can simply say "No I don't know..." I did my research and that's why I came here to ask the people who have used or still using Nvidia reference Cooler with blower fans than the Custom coolers from other board partners. I know what your screenshot meant because I have an MSI1080Ti with the fans running off till it gets hot.
He did answer your question and seemingly accurately as well. If you read the image he shared, it states EVERY Zotac 980 Ti card comes with the freeze technology. By definition of the word, which he defined for you by the way, your card SHOULD have the freeze technology according to Zotac because you have a Zotac card.

evyosh

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
He did answer your question and seemingly accurately as well. If you read the image he shared, it states EVERY Zotac 980 Ti card comes with the freeze technology. By definition of the word, which he defined for you by the way, your card SHOULD have the freeze technology according to Zotac because you have a Zotac card.
Hey, Thanks for your reply. Yeah I don't own this card and I have no experience with Zotac or reference Cooler cooler type cards I just wanted to make sure I am getting a good card and not a defected one.

evyosh

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
well lets ask google
me: hey google what does every zotac mean?
google: every - used before a singular noun to refer to all the individual members of a set without exception.
I apologize if I didn't understand your answer. I was in a hurry So I was looking for confirmation. I know the new custom cooler cards come with the technology and never heard a reference Cooler comes with this. anyways sorry again.