GTX 980 triple monitor display not working

Kruppyman96

Honorable
May 3, 2015
So I have had this PC for a while now and its running a gtx 980 and has been working fine with NVIDIA surround on all 3 monitors. Then yesterday morning it was working fine. I used it for a while and then left it on while a left to eat lunch. when I returned about 2 hours later I moved the mouse and the screens came back on. But only 2 screens were working. I'm not sure why and I cant find a solution. I checked the drivers just now and installed the newest one but it still will only run 2 monitors. Any solutions??

Solution
Does the one that is misbehaving have a secondary input, such as VGA instead of DVI? If so, can you try it on that one with the appropriate cable? If it works then it shows the input on that monitor has failed. If it still doesn't work using the other input, then it is a driver issue.

When all three monitors are plugged in, do they all show up in 'device manager'? Do they appear in the monitors list of the driver's GUI? Do they show up in windows' desktop preferences? Again check with just two monitors attached.

Kruppyman96

Honorable
May 3, 2015
Yea I've checked the cables they all work. 2 monitors work when all 3 all plugged in but the one that isn't working with all 3 doesn't work with just one other one. But the cable and the monitor work fine.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Does the one that is misbehaving have a secondary input, such as VGA instead of DVI? If so, can you try it on that one with the appropriate cable? If it works then it shows the input on that monitor has failed. If it still doesn't work using the other input, then it is a driver issue.

When all three monitors are plugged in, do they all show up in 'device manager'? Do they appear in the monitors list of the driver's GUI? Do they show up in windows' desktop preferences? Again check with just two monitors attached.

Solution