Motherboard - H11m-K
Memory - HyperX Savage Black 8GB, DDR4, 2133MHz, CL13, 1.2V
GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce® GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING, 6GB GDDR5, 384-bit
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5", 250GB, SATA III
PCU - Corsair RM650 80 PLUS® Gold CP-9020054-EU, 650W
and another Old HDD of 1 TB

Things I have tried:

-I have reinstalled Windows 10
-Removed GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled older and newer version of it ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Changed DDR4 from 1 slot to the other ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Reseated all components and removed dust ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Removed all USB like mouse/keyboard and Razer App ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-Removed HDD ( didnt help with the problem it still freezes)
-used CPU-Z and AIDA and all temperatures are withit normal limits

The problem is with the GTX 980 ti G1 gaming Freezing and locking up after 3 minutes on desktop.
My old AMD 6950 HD is working perfectly. I have also taken the 980ti to a friends PC and after 2 minutes the screen turned black.
After that I took it home and in those 2 minutes while it works I underclocked it as much as I could, that didn't help.
All the temperatures are great for it. And the black/white/pink screen froze started being more frequent from the last 2 months, in the beggining it was once a day, then it started to be every hour and now every minute.

Solution

If nothing is overclocked and your old GPU works fine, it is probably that 980Ti. Is there anyone you know who would let you test that 980Ti in another PC? Also what ARE your temperatures under stress testing? This is what I use here (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility) to rule out overheating; I run the CPU and the RAM stress tests for 5 min each.

If nothing is overclocked and your old GPU works fine, it is probably that 980Ti. Is there anyone you know who would let you test that 980Ti in another PC? Also what ARE your temperatures under stress testing? This is what I use here (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility) to rule out overheating; I run the CPU and the RAM stress tests for 5 min each.

Solution

xSamaru

Reputable
May 20, 2014
This used to happen a lot with my 290x mainly in cold seasons, I found out it was connected to GPU temp being low which is just stupid. I sent it for RMA to Asus and they said nothing happened. Okay then but the 290x still did it in other rigs so for a long time what I used to do was as soon as pc started I slapped on some 4K video just to heat it up and then It was fine, it was a long time ago a the gpu somehow fixed itself but it still rarely does it. Try that

TRENDING THREADS