[SOLVED] gtx titan 6gb missing in my computer

Oct 7, 2018
Good day Tom's forum,
i have just built my own pc for the first time and my pc parts are
cpu i7-7700k
mobo asus z270f
gpu gtx titan 6gb
memory trident z 16gb (2x)

my problem is that my gpu is already inserted on my motherboard but i don't know what chord should i use on it i mean there are 2 chords on it but i didn't connect it on my motherboard because i couldn't find any chord that would match on it can someone please tell me what chord is it and where should i connect it?
i mean from gpu to mobo or gpu to psu? there are 6 holes and 8 holes on it.

Solution
Hi,

What PSU do you have?

Those "holes" are made for the power cables.
You need to plug the power cable (1 6pin and 1 8pin) from your PSU to the GPU.

Rodolphe.
Oct 7, 2018
do i need to plug 2 power cable on it? my psu does not have a 6 pin power cable so i thought i only need those 8 power cable and those 8 cables have 2 shapes.
1 is triangle and
1 is square and i looked on every cable but there were no match on it but, one cable was able to plug into it but i didn't comsider it because the shape were not match.
i actually have 6 pins that is if i will use the other side of the cable, but my psu does not have an 8 pin slot on it. all the slots of a cable to put into my psu are 6 pins.

USAFRet

Titan

1. Your PSU does not have the correct connectors for your GPU.

2. I wouldn't trust that PSU to power a desk lamp.
Buying that is like cheaping out on a heart transplant.

rodolphe.viard

Reputable
Feb 27, 2018
Your PSU is a really cheap and low quality one. It seems taht it doesn't have the connectors dedicated for the graphics power.

The only viable thing to do is to buy a good quality one like Corsair (not CS line), seasonic, be quiet!, etc...

Rodolphe.