[SOLVED] GTX Titan Black

May 15, 2019
Is the GTX Titan Black 6gb GPU worth £100 compared to what else you can get on the used market today. Not sure if the older high end card is worth the money or if I should get a newer card retailing at less on the used market. Just after price to performance. Thanks

Solution
Well I can buy the GTX 1060 3GB for just under this and the 6GB model for just over. Haven’t really looked a great deal tho because it does seem a good deal. Just want to make sure I’m not wasting my money if I pay £100 for this because that’s my maximum budget
A 1060 3GB would perform the same, if not better, while comsuming much less power and having far better levels or support. A 1060 6GB on the other hand, for just a bit more money would be a much better GPU than the ageing Titan, also consuming less power aswell.
buuuuut i suppose the name TITAN sounds cool, and the founders style coolers that the Titans come with look amazing. If you care about Aesthetics, I'd probrably go for the Titan, but if you just want the best...
May 15, 2019
Directly from the owner. Would there not be other graphics cards at the same value out there tho? Maybe more recent or does the age not really matter provided it perform the same?

May 15, 2019
Well I can buy the GTX 1060 3GB for just under this and the 6GB model for just over. Haven’t really looked a great deal tho because it does seem a good deal. Just want to make sure I’m not wasting my money if I pay £100 for this because that’s my maximum budget

w.cattermoul

Reputable
Nov 1, 2018
A 1060 3GB would perform the same, if not better, while comsuming much less power and having far better levels or support. A 1060 6GB on the other hand, for just a bit more money would be a much better GPU than the ageing Titan, also consuming less power aswell.
buuuuut i suppose the name TITAN sounds cool, and the founders style coolers that the Titans come with look amazing. If you care about Aesthetics, I'd probrably go for the Titan, but if you just want the best performance in your price range, the 1060 3gb is the way to go (assuming you cant stretch to the 6gb 1060)

Solution