Gtx titan evga Hydro

xdantex

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
I have evga gtx titan hydro copper and im wondering can i use nzxt x41 kraken for the gpu and i buy a new better one for cpu?

Solution
The Kraken has the pump built into the waterblock and there is no reservoir. It's a cheap all in one CPU cooler. Not really reusable. It's meant to be disposable.

What you need is an open loop. A tower reservoir with built in D5 pump. D5 is a bit better than a DLC pump. Get a minimum of 240mm radiator. Preferably 360mm+. Thickness of the radiator can add to cooling capacity as well. Get a water block for the CPU. Compression connectors to go all around, and some piping. Run it all in the right direction and fill it up. Oh yeah you need 2 or 3 fans for the radiator. EKWB will have everything you need except the fans. EKWB is probably also the best quality on the market with the best selection.

gondo

Distinguished
He wants to move the radiator/pump from the CPU to the GPU and get a new CPU one.

A better move would be to get a 240mm-420mm radiator, reservoir, pump, and piping. Get a water block for the CPU. Run both the CPU and GPU off the same setup. I'd recommend an EKWB setup with D5 pump. No waterblock for the video card is required as the EVGA already has one.

Ryan_78

Honorable
if that's the case, I agree with a loop. a custom loop would help a lot over an AIO. I mean seriously. if you don't need it, if your temps are good and noise isn't bothering you. why waste the money. I mean water cooling is expensive.

xdantex

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
is it going to be enouch if i use EKWB setup with D5 only using nzxt x41 to do both cpu and gpu?

cause i dont want water problem in my pc
and i already got evga hydro

Ryan_78

Honorable

see look. I mean yes it is possible but WHY. why would you want a useless piece of crap of a 120mm rad in your case. look at my first post about rads and air coolers. haven't answered my question either. CPU? also why do you need water cooling.

xdantex

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
my gpu evga titan hydro i need water cooler for the gpu to make it work
there is no air cooler in gpu

but if i can use nzxt x41 for the gpu and get a new air cooler for cpu? not sure

Ryan_78

Honorable
the hydro comes with a water block right? so I mean sure. if you plan to spend the money on a loop. that's what you should do. not get something AIO like a x41. do what he says EKWB loop with some bigger rads. don't use single AIO.

gondo

Distinguished
The Kraken has the pump built into the waterblock and there is no reservoir. It's a cheap all in one CPU cooler. Not really reusable. It's meant to be disposable.

What you need is an open loop. A tower reservoir with built in D5 pump. D5 is a bit better than a DLC pump. Get a minimum of 240mm radiator. Preferably 360mm+. Thickness of the radiator can add to cooling capacity as well. Get a water block for the CPU. Compression connectors to go all around, and some piping. Run it all in the right direction and fill it up. Oh yeah you need 2 or 3 fans for the radiator. EKWB will have everything you need except the fans. EKWB is probably also the best quality on the market with the best selection.

Solution

gondo

Distinguished
No problems leaving it on 24/7. Your motherboard software will monitor temperatures and shutdown at the points you set. You can do the same for GPU temperatures.

Your motherboard will shutdown as well with BIOS temp settings.