[SOLVED] GTX TITAN X , green dots on startup followed by freeze and crash

Aug 5, 2020
The problem is that my pc shows green dots on startup and freeze/crashes on the windows 10 login screen, also it keeps restarting itself to the same mentioned result.

Things if tried:
-Starting in safe-mode, which the pc works in
-Unistalling reinstalling the driver
-Clean install of windows
-Checked with other DP cable and HDMI cable, still same problem
-Tried it on another pc with same results.
Edit: Also tried another GPU, in which case no freeze or crash

I'm guessing it's an overheating issue since if I wait a day with starting my pc it works for a while (around 15-20 minutes) until it freeze's and crashes into the green dots loop.

Any other things I can try before giving up?

Last edited:
Solution
Guess the cards dead then, and not even going to attempt the "oven method".
That just sounds like an bad April Fools joke.
It sure does i'll give you that but i've seen many people actually reviving their old cards using that method believe it or not, although not a bulletproof method but i mean after all it is a dead card.

I've however looked into this a while back and if im not mistaken there are specific card models you cannot do this with. Thats why its advised to not do it if you arent familiar with it.

And it is recommended to actually have a second oven to do this in, not in the same oven you get cook your food in (Doesnt everyone have a second oven laying around in their household?)
The problem is that my pc shows green dots on startup and freeze/crashes on the windows 10 login screen, also it keeps restarting itself to the same mentioned result.

Things if tried:
-Starting in safe-mode, which the pc works in
-Unistalling reinstalling the driver
-Clean install of windows
-Checked with other DP cable and HDMI cable, still same problem
-Tried it on another pc with same results.
Edit: Also tried another GPU, in which case no freeze or crash

I'm guessing it's an overheating issue since if I wait a day with starting my pc it works for a while (around 15-20 minutes) until it freeze's and crashes into the green dots loop.

Any other things I can try before giving up?
Really does sound like a failing graphics card sadly from what you've described and if its that im afraid there arent alot of options to go through in an attempt to revive it.

You can however try the oven method if you are comfortable doing it.

Guess the cards dead then, and not even going to attempt the "oven method".
That just sounds like an bad April Fools joke.
It sure does i'll give you that but i've seen many people actually reviving their old cards using that method believe it or not, although not a bulletproof method but i mean after all it is a dead card.

I've however looked into this a while back and if im not mistaken there are specific card models you cannot do this with. Thats why its advised to not do it if you arent familiar with it.

And it is recommended to actually have a second oven to do this in, not in the same oven you get cook your food in (Doesnt everyone have a second oven laying around in their household?)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS