GTX Titan

IMetJesus

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Yo, yo, yo what's up people just heard that the new GTX Titan is out, so I thought to ask you guys for your opinions on this beast.

Now I'm wondering what does AMD have to say about this madness.

If anybody of you know anything about the HD 8000 series (because I'm sure they gonna release it at some point) feel free to let me know about it.

GreasyMoobs

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Haven't heard much about the 8000 series, but you can find a bit more info on the titan as LinusTechTips released a few videos earlier today. It has some nice technology and apparently keeps quiet even as a stock card.

Why dont you read the article on the front page of the site to get as much info as any of the rest of us have on it? At $1000 its a huge waste of money. Thats my opinion. Solid specs for sure,m jsut not worth a grand.

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
"Titan" refers as much to the price as it does the performance, hopefully not more so. I doubt that AMD is overly concerned. They do a pretty good job in the $100-$400 range.

IMetJesus

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah you're absolutely right it's just isn't worth you're money. I think what nvidia tried to do here is only to give the ''rich'' people a toy to tinker with

AMD's response?

HD 7970 GHz Edition
$400 (and falling)
die size: 352mm2
4.3 billion transistors

My understanding is that AMD released a statement saying they never have released an official statement.

:lol: