GTX1050 with 220v Power supply?

PerFect_

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hi, i have an i3 3220 as a cpu and 8gb of rams 1333mhz ddr3 and gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV motherboard with a Gt730 2gb ddr3 and power supply 220v if i change my video card to the gtx1050 everything will go fine or i need to change somethings?

Solution
Then you don't live in the US? Europe, indo-asia etc all use 240v standard, not 120v standard. But thats only input voltage to the psu from the wall. Output voltage from psu to pc is always 12v,5v,3.3v etc no matter that the input voltage is.

So what's important for knowing just how big a gpu you can use is the output power, which should be on the side or top of the psu, stated in Watts usually, but sometimes just Amps. The 12v wattage is the most important for the gpu, without it, there's no way of telling exactly if your gpu will work or not. If the psu has a model name and number, that makes it easy to look up, but there should be an output rating table somewhere on it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That 220w psu won't be long for this world with a 1050. With that i3, hyperthreaded, you'll be looking at close to if not 100% cpu usage in any sort of cpu demanding game, maxing out its 55w. Add in the fans, hdd and other motherboard related power needs, and you'll easily add on another 75w or so. Then add on upto 75w for a gtx1050 and you are right at maxing out at @200w. Granted psus are supposed to be designed to handle 100% output, but that's for short periods of time, but any heavy gaming and you'll be looking at extended periods of 90% output, roughly. If that psu is not top shelf, it'll probably fry in the first week, if it works at all.
https://youtu.be/f6snWfd1v7M
Just because the outside says 220w, doesn't always mean that's what you get. With many bottom shelf psus, you are lucky to get anything over 50% loads. Asking for continuous 90%output is a recipe for disaster.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Then you don't live in the US? Europe, indo-asia etc all use 240v standard, not 120v standard. But thats only input voltage to the psu from the wall. Output voltage from psu to pc is always 12v,5v,3.3v etc no matter that the input voltage is.

So what's important for knowing just how big a gpu you can use is the output power, which should be on the side or top of the psu, stated in Watts usually, but sometimes just Amps. The 12v wattage is the most important for the gpu, without it, there's no way of telling exactly if your gpu will work or not. If the psu has a model name and number, that makes it easy to look up, but there should be an output rating table somewhere on it.

Solution