GTX1060 can't see LG TV as second display

Sep 29, 2018
Hello dear community!

Sorry to trouble you, but I have an issue that I can't solve and thus really need your help.

A while ago I had a system with GTX980 (on Windows 7) that had dual-display system with LG monitor and LG TV.

I upgraded my rig and now I run GTX1060 on Windows 7. At first I was just using the LG monitor connected to the GPU via the DVI port (with DVI to HDMI cable), but today I decided to connect the same LG TV from before using the HDMI port.

But for some reason my PC just doesn't see the TV - the second display can't be found nor in the Nvidia panel, the Display setting panel, control panel, device managers - anywhere. The TV also states that there's no signal.

At the same time I know that the TV and HDMI cable are working correctly because I plugged them to my Acer laptop and it instantly hooked up to TV as an additional display.

I tried updating the display drivers on my PC, trying to force-detect a TV, restarting the system - all to no avail, it just wouldn't notice the connected TV in any way.

Please help :(

TRENDING THREADS