GTX1070 PSU SLI Support

samsadi99

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Hi,
i heard not all games supporting the SLI multi GPU's , however my current setup as below , i would like to know my PC will be stable with the current PSU and Air Cooling or not required to change anything :

Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor 8M Cache 4.2GHz , up to 4.50 GHz
Graphics: EVGA Gtx1070 8GB FTW ACX 3.0
MOB: Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3 ( This will be changed to SLI Motherboard )
Memory RAM : kingston hyperx fury DDR4 16GB 2400Mhz Gaming Memory 16GB
Power Supply: Corsair RM Series™ RM650 — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU
SSD: Kingston SUV400S37/240GB
HDD-1 : 1TB - WD
HDD-2 : 2TB - WD
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper T4 -
Extra Fans : Cooler Master: 120mm Silent Fans : 2 numbers + 140mm silent Fan 1 No
Case : Cooler Master Tower Case

Solution
Seems like you chose the FTW which has the highest powerdraw of the ones EVGA makes which can lead up to 215watts.Adding a second will get you pretty close to the 650watts of the psu,but should probably be doable if you stay away from overclocking.

But looking at that you want to upgrade the motherboard for it why not just sell the current gpu when wanting to upgrade and get a single better one? Would make more sense to me.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Seems like you chose the FTW which has the highest powerdraw of the ones EVGA makes which can lead up to 215watts.Adding a second will get you pretty close to the 650watts of the psu,but should probably be doable if you stay away from overclocking.

But looking at that you want to upgrade the motherboard for it why not just sell the current gpu when wanting to upgrade and get a single better one? Would make more sense to me.

Solution

samsadi99

Prominent
May 8, 2017

Actually , your point is Valid 100% , most of the guys said the same , they are saying just sell the current GPU and buy a single stick GTX1080ti which make sense to be away from the issues of SLI
Currently I'm thinking to do this since the SLI got an issue with some gaming and application support.

But in case i wanted to connect a 4k gaming and i wanted to play 4k gaming , from the top mentioned specification and consider i have the GTX1080ti , what else i should upgrade on the PC to keep solid frames.?

samsadi99

Prominent
May 8, 2017

seems awsome bro

this is correct !

It's GPU intensive rather than CPU.

I wish i will get that GTX1080Ti ASAP then + 4K Monitor

i have to raise up my budget more than expected, thanks for the information