lonelywizard

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
I was not able to update my nvidia drivers for last few months, installation kept failing but i didnt mind it much, I was using my computer normally until yesterday, when i decided to finally update my drivers clicking the "fresh install" option while updating... Which completely deleted my GPU drivers but couldnt install new drivers...Now i cant install drivers automatically, cant install drivers manually, cant install geforce experience, they all give "Nvidia installer failed" message...

• I dont have any antivirus,firewall or windows defender active
  • tried deleting TEMP folder
  • windows was up to date before i tried updating my GPU
  • tried deleting registry entries with CCleaner
  • i already tried - DDU clean uninstall in safe mode
  • I am using windows as administrator
  • my windows is 64bit and im trying to install 64 bit drivers
ou6OX6T.png

I have seen tons of threads about this type of problems in this site and other sites but those were mostly related to Windows 10 so decided to open this thread...I'm at a loss and i have tons of work related programs and files so "just format your PC" is not a very helpful advice nor is it something i can do short term... Any help appreciated...

Lutfij

Titan
Often times the just format your PC is the swiftest approach especially since downtime/troubleshooting can and will be expensive.

Mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You should ideally install your drivers manually not rely on Windows auto update tool.