GTX1080 Power connector

May 26, 2018
Hello, so I just recently purchased a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 and I have problems connecting it because I'm missing one 8 pin cable to connect it. I have a HCG-620M as a power supply and apparently to get that 10 pin connector that goes into the power supply is really hard to get. So now I'm considering getting a 8pin PCI Express to 2 X PCIe(6+2) adapter to power up the card. My question is, is this possible to do? and if so would there be any risk of not getting enough power?

Thank you for the help in advance....

Solution

Oh... you lost the other one? It comes with 2 x 6+2-Pin.
You'll have to 1) contact Antec support for replacement cables, or 2) check around someplace like ebay for the missing HCG M cables.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The folks at the ebay link I sent above have your missing cable. You have to scroll thru the drop-down list and find your PSU. It is listed as "Antec HCG 520M 620M"

Jul 6, 2018
You probably used it for your motherboard power by accident and not realizing it. The one up near your CPU fan. It's anywhere from 4-8 pin. Check and make sure you didn't get it mixed up with one of the PCIE power connectors.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The connectors are keyed differently and wouldn't fit. Plus the CPU power and PCIe power connectors are wired in reverse polarity. Not much chance of that happening.