[SOLVED] GTX1080 Problem

Robox

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2014
A GTX 1080 is creating this problem for me, which occurred by trying various recent versions of the nvidia drivers on the site.

The card works perfectly, and holds 1 hour of Unigine Heaven, 30 minutes of GPU-Z integrated video stress test, some banchmarks integrated in the games, but after having carried out these tests, after about 5 minutes of normal use (browser, software, video streaming) the PC crashes (the screen turns black without outpun on the monitor, or there are blue artifacts and it restarts, or the monitor flashes and restarts, with drivers reset to 800x600).

Temperatures remain low during tests.

After that, I reinstall the drivers and it works perfectly, but the problem comes back in the same way.

Do you know what it is and how to try to solve it?

Solution
I've had issues with hardware acceleration in browsers a few times. Try turning that off.

As always, check your temperatures, voltages, etc. Weird problems can often be traced back to the power issues.

If not, software likely. Maybe an OS re-install is in order.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I've had issues with hardware acceleration in browsers a few times. Try turning that off.

As always, check your temperatures, voltages, etc. Weird problems can often be traced back to the power issues.

If not, software likely. Maybe an OS re-install is in order.

Solution