ThilakRoX

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Hey Everyone, this is my current build

Ryzen 3 2200g
Gtx 1050ti
gigabyte a320m
corsair 8gb ddr4
CoolerMaster MasterWattLite500w (yeah ik this is a bad psu)

im looking to upgrade either my cpu to Ryzen 5 or Gpu to 1660super

1) are the chosen components good for the 2020 games . i mostly play R6S,Pubg,Fortnite and GTA Online.
2)which component should i upgrade first(i ll change my psu too along with it)
3)is it worth upgrading my pc to Ryzen 5/1660super
4)will the gpu price drop next year when next gen consoles comes out
5)recommend a good budget psu for the build.
6)if i should upgrade my cpu which model in ryzen5 should i get?
7)will 2200g bottleneck the 1660super?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
1) are the chosen components good for the 2020 games . i mostly play R6S,Pubg,Fortnite and GTA Online.
Well the 2200G is an entry level gaming CPU and the 1050Ti is an entry level gaming GPU. So you'll find that they will run most games fine, but nothing spectacular.

2)which component should i upgrade first(i ll change my psu too along with it)
Well if you upgrade one, you'll probably warrant an upgrade in the other. The games you've currently stated are not that GPU intensive (bar maybe GTA). But typically most people see more noticeable gaming improvements from GPU upgrades over CPU - again depending on the games one plays. Based on R6S, PUBG, I would likely say I'd lean towards upgrading GPU first.

3)is it worth upgrading my pc to Ryzen 5/1660super
Both are good upgrades. Best bet would be to look at your current CPU and GPU usage and see which is holding you back. However i would suspect a GPU upgrade will serve you best.
4)will the gpu price drop next year when next gen consoles comes out
No idea. Markets shift and change like manic at times. I doubt console releases will change GPU prices, but newer gen GPUs can cause drops in previous arch prices.

5)recommend a good budget psu for the build.
Most budget friendly I'd recommend:

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $44.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-20 10:55 EST-0500

6)if i should upgrade my cpu which model in ryzen5 should i get?
For value to performance:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $194.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-20 10:56 EST-0500

Last edited:

ThilakRoX

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Well the 2200G is an entry level gaming CPU and the 1050Ti is an entry level gaming GPU. So you'll find that they will run most games fine, but nothing spectacular.

Well if you upgrade one, you'll probably warrant an upgrade in the other. The games you've currently stated are not that GPU intensive (bar maybe GTA). But typically most people see more noticeable gaming improvements from GPU upgrades over CPU - again depending on the games one plays. Based on R6S, PUBG, I would likely say I'd lean towards upgrading GPU first.

i also play heavy story games like watch dogs , assassin's creed,etc.when it gets cracked

WildCard999

Titan
i also play heavy story games like watch dogs , assassin's creed,etc.when it gets cracked
You should buy the games, you can find them discounted or sales every once in awhile plus the fact that plenty of those cracked games can contain some pretty nasty malware.

Besides that you may want to get more memory and depending on the speed of your current kit a faster kit (3000/3200) as it can make a big difference in gaming.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS