gtx660 runs at 77 to 79%

Solution
It's pretty safe. The maximum temp is 97C, so 79C is pretty decent. If you want to lower it a bit more you could try adjusting the fan profile so be a little more aggressive. I tend to prefer my GPU to be at 75C or under.

What is the fan speed at when the GPU is under load?

Also, I just noticed your ambient temps are 33-36 which is pretty darn hot. I'd say your GPU temp looks just about right considering the ambient temp. You should try bumping the fan speed up by ~15% in the 75C range.

Demorthus

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Under load, yes. But in my opinion 77-79 looks exceedingly "weird", is it overclocked? & is it a reference card or non-reference? (GPUs can run at that temp for years but it's not recommended to be that hot all the time, it'll shorten its' lifespan.)

Kekoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
It's pretty safe. The maximum temp is 97C, so 79C is pretty decent. If you want to lower it a bit more you could try adjusting the fan profile so be a little more aggressive. I tend to prefer my GPU to be at 75C or under.

What is the fan speed at when the GPU is under load?

Also, I just noticed your ambient temps are 33-36 which is pretty darn hot. I'd say your GPU temp looks just about right considering the ambient temp. You should try bumping the fan speed up by ~15% in the 75C range.

Solution