GTX680 GPU Usage PROBLEM

1steez

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
I've tried to play Far Cry 4 but the GPU Usage gets low like from 98% to 50% and the FPS get like 20, then GPU Usage returns to 98% and the FPS get 50~60, some guys from other forum said that my CPU is bottlenecking the GPU, some said to unpark cores (Already done), but the problem is not solved.
My rig is: Phenom II X6 1075 3.0GHz (stock)
EVGA GTX680 2GB SC
4GB RAM Corsair Value Pack
520w Seasonic PSU
ASUS M4A78LTM-LE MOBO

Please, someone help me, this "stuttering" issue is so annoying! And sorry for the bad english

EDIT: Now I tried to play Dying Light and the GPU usage didnt passed 80%, the fps were crap

Yea it's probably gonna be your cpu. If you don't want to upgrade your CPU I would look into a good aftermarket cooler and overclock it. Also 4gb of system ram is low. I would upgrade that to at least 8gb. Those two issues should fix your problem. Although seeing only 4gb of system ram that maybe be your whole problem.

I don't know what the max temp is for that cpu but as long as you keep your temps in range you should be ok. But that 4gb ram prolly gonna hurt you. You could even search for a thread that covers overclocking that cpu.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS