Rapple12

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I'm having problems deciding between a 680 and the 670 superclocked with 4gb vram I don't like superclocked because of the extra heat and possibility of more fan noise the price difference isn't a big deal

suddenstop

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007

I have the Gigabyte 670 with 2gb of RAM. I run a 30 inch monitor, and its an awesome combo. I was originally also worried about vram, but after seeing benchmarks I went with 2g and never looked back.

If the price difference isn't a big deal, then definitely the 680. It is significantly the faster card. If you want to go with EVGA, their GTX 680 Classified has a much larger heatsink than the SC and runs cooler and quieter. It comes with 4Gb and is truly their top of the line.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-680-classified-with-evbot-review/

You don't need 4GB.

Do Graphics Cards Need 4 GB of Memory? - EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4 GB Superclocked+ Review:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/evga-geforce-gtx-670-4gb.html

Conclusion
Increasing the amount of memory on board of GeForce GTX 670 and GTX 680 cards translates to obvious performance benefits only in specific unique cases, such as triple-monitor set-ups with 3240x1920 resolution and enabled antialiasing. Metro 2033: The Last Refuge and Sniper Elite V2 are the only games that need more than the standard 2 GB of graphics memory, but the contemporary High-End graphics cards are anyway too slow in these games even with 4 GB of video memory. In the rest of our games we could hardly see any difference between GeForce GTX 670s with 2 and 4 GB of memory in 3240x1920 and no difference at all in 2560x1440. So, purchasing a 4GB card wouldn't be worth the investment unless you've got a triple-monitor configuration. But if you do have one, 4GB graphics cards really make sense for 2-, 3- and 4-way SLI configurations and playing contemporary games at high resolutions. In this case, the increased amount of memory would not become the bottleneck.

It should, it's 10 inches, slightly smaller than most. The specs say it will take cards up to 350mm (13.7 inches).

I like how they slipped those "LE" letters in there to indicate a card that is clocked a little bit on the "low end". The LE is clocked at 941 mhz, while the non-LE one is clocked at 1006 mhz.

verbalizer

Distinguished
18_68sli_vs_68_big.png

Going over the list of 670's on the website, the only other one, besides either of the FTW's, would be the MSI Twin Frozr IV. It costs a bit more, but it's a great card. Otherwise, I would just decide between the two FTW's. I think the $15 more is worth it to get a higher binned chip in the regular FTW.

Rapple12

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I just am choosing the GTX 670 FTW 1006MHz core clock. Its 15$ more so what and all I want to to do is to run WoW and Bf3 ect... on max settings at 60+ fps I can go back and forth between these all days and have done so for 3 days so im just gotta choose it.