GTX950 blown chip-mdu1516

Mar 24, 2018
a very clever friend of mine put a heatsink on top of my kfa2 950, causing the screen to black out and later when plugging in the 6 pin after turning it on smoke seeped out from under the card heatsink. i opened it up and saw that one of the mdu1516 chips had fried. I havent used it since, but am wondering whether it would still work or not. Ive been using a 5450 since so i can actually use my pc, but its pretty weak so please tell me whether it would still work or if id just destroy it more by trying again.

Mar 24, 2018

The thing about that is that KFA2 are not really that helpful. I tried with warranty, and said i have a reciept from overclockers uk, so they told me to ask them about it. All KFA2 cards have a 2 year warranty, but overclockers uk have 30 days i think, they were pretty vague.

what you do is use the proof of purches from the uk shop to start the rma from the card vendor. if you have to call the card vendor and speek with a manger or customer relation person. most of the people on the phone at the first level have a guild to go by and if there not trained right they can drop the ball real easy.

Mar 24, 2018

My friend is poor as hell he got himself a low end radeon hd card and is so delusional he says he'll repay for the card using his twitch, but he gets like 3 views a stream lol.

TRENDING THREADS