[SOLVED] GTX950 upgrade

Solution
Ryzen 1600 is not exactly a fast processor.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

What is your budget?
Ryzen 1600 is not exactly a fast processor.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

What is your budget?

Solution

french_guy

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
Well, I'm not a gamer....I'm trying to think about what to do with my old PCs (1 is a Phenom X6 1055T and the other one an even older Core 2 Duo e6700)
The 1055T is with a GT440, and the Core 2 Duo with an old 6600GT (I think)
So I was thinking to put the GTX950 into the Phenom and the GT440 into the C2D...But maybe the best option is to find a cheap GT710 or 730 and put it into the Phenom, and the GT440 into the C2D.....

xoutostrela

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
It's crazy to see even a GT710 have a price of 60-70 euros. It's quite sad.
To be quite honest, years ago, a little before the prices started going crazy, I bought a used GTX 960 Ti Wind force for 80 euros and I still use that.
Now I see the GTX 960 series sell up to 250-300 used!!!
Try to find a used one from a trusted seller, that's of course if you don't want to break the bank, as you said.
It's the only choice mate, prices ain't going down in the next years so prepare your self...
I believe a GTX 1660 would be a good upgrade from the little GTX 950 that's it of course if you find any used with decent price!
Overall, you have a decent CPU for modern games and Applications.