GTX970 no signal.

r3pr3z3nt

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
I've purchased a MSI 4G Gaming GTX 970 4GB that was delivered yesterday. My card does not display any picture when plugged in through the HDMI [i have no other way of testing it, as it is plugged into a smart 4k TV unit, worked no problem with my Radeon 7850's]- I checked all the power cables, plugged it in into all of my PCIe 2.0 slots, reset cmos each time [motherboard ECS A990FXM-A Deluxe so it should have no problem with the card - the GTX was supposed to replace two Radeon 7850's in crossfire as well, so there should be no power issue as well]. Sometimes when you turn the pc on, the screen displays artifacts for a brief moment. All the fans and led's on the GTX970 are working. Any suggestions, please?

pianoguyry

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
I'm having a similar issue. I bought two GTX 970's for SLI use. One of them works fine in both PCI-E slots, the other doesn't even respond in one, and runs in 4x mode in another.

I'm curious to see what other people say, although I've heard that the MSI GTX 970 may not be as stable as some of the other brands versions of the same card.