GTX980ti fan replacement/mod

Pike68

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Hi evryone, I got a gtx980ti that came with my pc, but it has no big fan like the ones I see everywhere else, not even the black n metal style cover thing with the black round fan bit and cool Gtx livery down the side.
Nothing, other than a tiny barcode sticker on the underside there's nothing to tell what the GPU is.
Where can I buy these for dirfferent colours fans etc, I tried ebay and Amazon but not sure what to search for
Thx in advance

Solution

I don't think theres such thing as a "generic" card. There's the reference cards, but those are the one's that are always on display, like the one with the 980ti LED livery on it...

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

Only the reference card from what I know has the GTX 980ti livery down the side. If it's more than one fan it's a brand name card. You can't get a "generic" 980ti, they all have a brand. The website/store he got the computer from would say what brand it is.

Pike68

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015

Poor wording on my account, sorry, yes there's a fan.
Hopefully here are some pictures...
2qMuQA.jpg
[/URL][/img]
lwKcLL.jpg
[/URL][/img]

It's just, as my rig has a huge window in it I was hoping to find a cool looking shroud with a name across it, Im assuming the card is just generic and gtx980ti shrouds would fit each other..?

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

I don't think theres such thing as a "generic" card. There's the reference cards, but those are the one's that are always on display, like the one with the 980ti LED livery on it. Thats a reference. Your card however, I dont know what brand that is. Look where you ordered it from, it should give a brand name.

Solution