[SOLVED] Guest Wifi Solution

Feb 6, 2019
Hi all,

I am looking ideas and suggestions to put together an Guest WiFi solution for visitors to my clients site.

Currently has a good BT Business Broadband that includes WiFi, this is used by staff. What I want to do is create a separate network - utilizing the current broadband solution, but without impacting on the security of the existing network.

Ideally would have ability for staff to easily change guest WiFi password regularly (weekly / Monthly) if required.

WiFi needs to cover existing building (Stone Walls) and then across to an out building 50 meters from main building.

Look forward to any suggestions

Solution
You need a business class router that can create two independent private networks and associate each with a VLAN. Then you need VLAN enabled WIFI access points, (and switches) like Ubiquiti. You have multiple SSIDs on each WAP and tag the SSID to a VLAN. The business class router then creates separate address spaces for each VLAN. No interaction between VLANs. To create your 50m exterior coverage, you can have an outdoor WIFI access point.

If you use Ubiquiti hardware, then you can use the cloud key controller to have a central management point for all the hardware.

kanewolf

Titan
You need a business class router that can create two independent private networks and associate each with a VLAN. Then you need VLAN enabled WIFI access points, (and switches) like Ubiquiti. You have multiple SSIDs on each WAP and tag the SSID to a VLAN. The business class router then creates separate address spaces for each VLAN. No interaction between VLANs. To create your 50m exterior coverage, you can have an outdoor WIFI access point.

If you use Ubiquiti hardware, then you can use the cloud key controller to have a central management point for all the hardware.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS