Guide me to get a new psu

Feb 19, 2018
Processor - intel core i7-4770
Graphics - zotac gt 630 4gb ddr3
PSU - Antec 300W (200v-240v)
RAM - 16gb (2 x 8gb)

I have a msi r7850 2 gd5 graphic card now, and planning to replace it for my existing zotac gt 630 4gb ddr3. I understand that I must get a suitable psu for my msi r7850. I hear i should go for a 500watt psu.

I would like some guidance on this,
1. Is this upgrade reasonable?
2. Am i going to see any difference in performance between these two graphics cards?
3. If yes, then is the 500w psu upgrade a valid move?
4. If yes for the 500w upgrade, which one should I choose between the cooler master and the corsair?

Note: I live in India. My system rests for about 6-7 hours everyday. the rest of the day it is almost in non-stop usage.
apart from the regular browsing, I do a ton of Photoshop work and also into gaming. I know it is not any massive upgrade that I am doing, I am on very tight budgets so please help me around with this.

Solution
there is a huge gap between gt 630 and amd 7850 so you will see a big improvement
and the upgrade is definitely worth it.
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=676&gid2=588&compare=radeon-hd-7850-vs-geforce-gt-630

that being said hd 7850 is an old video card itself and it is not that good for 1080p gaming anymore
but it can handle older games at med/high and new games at low or even medium settings (if they are less demanding) .

your processor would be able to support much more powerful video card
but if you are on a tight budget and you already have radeon 7850 it will do .

as for the power supply :
cheap cooler master psus are not very good ,
and you should also avoid cheap VS corsair units .

you can get good old...
there is a huge gap between gt 630 and amd 7850 so you will see a big improvement
and the upgrade is definitely worth it.
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=676&gid2=588&compare=radeon-hd-7850-vs-geforce-gt-630

that being said hd 7850 is an old video card itself and it is not that good for 1080p gaming anymore
but it can handle older games at med/high and new games at low or even medium settings (if they are less demanding) .

your processor would be able to support much more powerful video card
but if you are on a tight budget and you already have radeon 7850 it will do .

as for the power supply :
cheap cooler master psus are not very good ,
and you should also avoid cheap VS corsair units .

you can get good old seasonic S12II 520w or new corsair CX450M (black and white paint)

Solution
Feb 19, 2018
Hey thanks.

The seasonic S12II 520w and the corsair CX450M are still way beyond my current budget crunch.

I was just looking at this *Cooler Master MWE 500 Watt 80 Plus Bronze certified power supply* which is under my preferred pricing.
I know you just told me cheap cooler masters aren't any good. Could you tell me if this particular one is any good?
If I can keep this as an option at least?

it is a mediocre entry level PSU
worse compared to S12II or CXM
but if you can´t find anything better in your price range
it is certainly more reliable than generic "tier 5" units .
plus your system will not put high pressure on it since it will consume roughly 250w of power
which is ideal scenario for 500-550w power supply .

here is the only review i could find on it: https://tech4gamers.com/cooler-master-mwe-500-mpw-5002-acabw-review/