[SOLVED] GUIDE me to my first build pc gaming

Aug 22, 2019
Hi guys, I need someone opinions about my costumize first build pc game. Any suggestion and tips will be so much appreciated.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO - B450 Aorus Elite
Ram - asgard 16gb (2x8) 3200 mhz ggdr4
GPU - RX 580 8gb Nitro+
Ssd - 500gb crucial p1
Hdd - 2tb barracuda s.
PSU - Master Watt lite 700 watts

AND I HEARD A LOT ABOUT THE BIOS UPDATE THEY SAY. what is the meaning of that? Do I need to buy a 1st or 2nd gen or ryzen to update the bios? Do I need to do it forcely?

P. S. 'even I'll l build my pc on October?

I'm planning to become a streamer, and my games will be fortnite, lol, ros pubg and so on. Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the big help! Maybe i will just go to a pc shop where they can upgrade the mobo.
LOL, oh god no, a BIOS update is pretty easy these days, and most any name brand manufacturer has adequate instructions on how to download and install the new BIOS version. It clearly says in the description of the 3rd BIOS update from the top of the page I linked to that it's for...

"Update AGESA 1.0.0.2 for next Gen. AMD Ryzen™ CPUs full support"

...however it also says...

"If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40.
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™...
Yeah that's good spec for streaming, and that's also a good bang for buck CPU. The PSU is a bit overkill for a 580 though, which only requires 500w total system power. These are conservatively stated to account for inefficiency.
https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards-20

What they probably mean is you'll want to check your MB product page's support tab for latest BIOS firmware that supports the latest Ryzen 3000 CPUs properly. The description on the right shows what each update does.
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019
Yeah that's good spec for streaming, and that's also a good bang for buck CPU. The PSU is a bit overkill for a 580 though, which only requires 500w total system power. These are conservatively stated to account for inefficiency.
https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards-20

What they probably mean is you'll want to check your MB product page's support tab for latest BIOS firmware that supports the latest Ryzen 3000 CPUs properly. The description on the right shows what each update does.
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
Thanks for the big help! Maybe i will just go to a pc shop where they can upgrade the mobo.

LOL, oh god no, a BIOS update is pretty easy these days, and most any name brand manufacturer has adequate instructions on how to download and install the new BIOS version. It clearly says in the description of the 3rd BIOS update from the top of the page I linked to that it's for...

"If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40.
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU."

Most BIOS flashing tools now also allow you to roll back to a previous version if need be as well. If you're at all hesitant, just call Gigabyte and ask tech support to walk you through it.

BTW, in your BIOS it should show on the main page which BIOS version you're running, so check that first. If they've released revision 2.0 yet, it may already be updated farther than what shows on the rev 1.0 I linked to on their site.

Last edited:
Solution
Aug 22, 2019

Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU."

Most BIOS flashing tools now also allow you to roll back to a previous version if need be as well. If you're at all hesitant, just call Gigabyte and ask tech support to walk you through it.

BTW, in your BIOS it should show on the main page which BIOS version you're running, so check that first. If they've released revision 2.0 yet, it may already be updated farther than what shows on the rev 1.0 I linked to on their site.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your answers. Godbless you! and goodluck to meee