Guild Transfer, Rename Services Coming to WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gotta milk it for all its worth, before SWTOR makes WOW obsolete. Go Blizzard!!

G

Gotta milk it for all its worth, before SWTOR makes WOW obsolete. Go Blizzard!!

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I just want a good LFG option. I dont know why they would wast time on this when a "Looking for Guild" option would make this game much more accessible to new players. If I was just starting it would be nice to be able to pull up a menu of guild looking for more ppl and hit a button informing that guild leader that you are interested. Im not a programmer but it does not seen like a feacher that would be very hard to implement. Just one interface for a guild leader and one for a non guild leader. If your a guild leader and want to switch you have to pass your guild off or disband it and lose the GM status. You could have the GM interface have options to filter incoming requests such as level/race/class. That way the GM would not have 300 requests from players who were not needed/wanted. On the other side the interface could display the guild level and progression. You would just click a button fill in some blanks ( again race/class/level ) and maybe have a section to write a quick explanation of what your looking for in a guild and what type of player you are.

mshahin

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
[citation][nom]duk3[/nom]How much money is it going to cost?[/citation]

I'm thinking they'll have a 10 person fee, and a 25 person guild fee. (just a guess)

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Blizzard probably came up with this idea that they could charge people to change their name, I hope this isn't the case as other MMO's support changing their name for free (1 change a month).

BUT READ THIS FIRST BEFORE QUOTING ME:
People continuously say that other games copy from WoW, but nobody seems to understand that if any specific function exists in one game and another company comes up with a similar idea for theirs, It's not even copying especially since it's so hard to generate new ideas for MMO's without being criticized for copying.

My point is, this function is already in other MMO's and nobody will label this as copying an idea because it's WoW.

G

WoW is on it way out. At this point a lot of people have stopped playing, dew to bad patch and poor content and yes{quote: Fix the damn LFG Queues first! xD!}That would be a start, but there's too much to fix in wow now and as it has grown over the years so have the bugs and lag. Blizzard will have believe that its at your end.

I think this {quote Blizzards way of conning more fools out of their money. To be true}

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
"Fix the damn LFG Queues first!"

as a tank i get instant ques... problem is everybody wants to be dps ... so there's a long line of dps trying to get in groups a few healers on short wait and tanks with instant ques

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Since the transfer will only be for the guild leader and the guild stuff, I assume it will go in the 30-40$ range. However, each member wanting to transfer will also have to fork his or her 25$. I guess it's not a bad move if you're that desperate to move your guild off a dying server.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
What if a NAUGHTY guild leader decides to pack up the guild and move/rename it without telling anyone?

Is there an automated system telling all guild members the new guild location and stuff? Or can a Guild Master ninja his whole guild bank to another server without any repercussions?

durand1035

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
can a Guild Master ninja his whole guild bank to another server without any repercussions?

Good point, I didn't even think about that. There should definitely be a a percentage of votes from guild members required before the GM can move the guild.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Best part about being a tank.....Instant queues and I still roll on the dps gear I need and nobody complains. When Im dps if I roll on tank gear its an instant boot. Now befor I get any comments on "tanks shouldent loot DPS gear" I will say this. I used to never loot DPS gear without asking first. However now that you are grouped with people that in most cases are not even playing on the same server as you I find people are more likely to roll on whatever they can because they will not build the NINJA rep they might if we were all on the same server. So after 3-4 times getting a tank drop I really needed jacked by DPS I said F it Im rollin on what ever the game will let me lol.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

I see your point but have one question. If the GM wants to log on and empty the guild bank without moving servers whats to stop him? I know if he did that he would def get a NINJA rep but he could do it. And he could also disband the guild without any votes so I doubt they will have any voting system. What they could do is say you want to move your guild. You pay the fee and they move it in one week and send every guild member a note stating the guild will be moved giving guild members some notice to take what they need from the bank. Thats if the GM didnt empty it out allready.

mhughes81

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I think this pretty much proves that WoW is on its way out. Why else would a guild want to transfer servers unless the server they are on is dying? Now that Blizzard is offering a guild transfer option, this just proves the fact that Blizzard recognizes the fact that the servers are dying. My wife and I quit WoW roughly 3 months ago after a 4 year run. The new expansion and patches caused too many changes, too many problems and even leveling 80-85 was too linear. Hell even my wife said she'd only go back to WoW if they offered a Burning Crusade server if that tells you anything, and I agree with her. Wrath was too easy but somewhat enjoyable, but Cataclysm just fails.

Let me know when WoW becomes free to play and I might jump on a couple of times a month just for nostalgia purposes.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

One reason they might want to move is REG >>> PVP or PVP >>>> REG. Also lets say I make some friends in RL after I start playing wow. Now lets say we both are GM and on diff servers. Now maybe we want to play together and combine guilds maybe my guild has more xp/acheivs and his has a good core group that doesn't want to move so I move my guild over and all those ppl join my guild. Just saying failing server is not the only rerason. Also guilds tend to implode from time to time so maybe im a a$$hole GM and want to take all the acheives and XP of my guild away from the ppl that were in it? I have been in a guild that had a great core and seen the GM mess it up so it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.