Guild Wars 2 Beta Delayed Due to Technical Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]derekullo[/nom]Diablo 3 being released is a technical issue?[/citation]

Having your servers down for 16+ hours on release day is thought. Blizzard was not prepared at all for the login's and the entire system ended up crashing. They also manged to crash World of Warcraft for 15-20mins that day also.

I am glad other company's are learning from blizzards mistake hopefully blizzard gets all he minor issues of D3 worked out.

bignick18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
They probably dont want to take any more heat for the beta feeling like a beta. To many people see it more as a Demo and get upset about bugs and issues. I hope they made good progress from the last beta loved the game :)

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I will be following this game until it launches. I am sure there will be no problems what so ever when tons of people come on launch day. It will be working 100% and no lag when playing online. They wont need to make any adjustment to the game either. *end of sarcasm* Yes, I am a Diablo 3 player.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
To be fair, most people couldn't even play GW2 first beta weekend. The game was completely limited to CPU and was not optimized for the GPU at all.

I was rocking a GTX 680 with a whopping 25 fps on the lowest settings. Using about 20% and nothing more. Hopefully they have that crap fixed next beta weekend.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]hotroderx[/nom]Having your servers down for 16+ hours on release day is thought. Blizzard was not prepared at all for the login's and the entire system ended up crashing. They also manged to crash World of Warcraft for 15-20mins that day also. I am glad other company's are learning from blizzards mistake hopefully blizzard gets all he minor issues of D3 worked out.[/citation]
Successful troll was successful.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]bignick18[/nom]They probably dont want to take any more heat for the beta feeling like a beta. To many people see it more as a Demo and get upset about bugs and issues. I hope they made good progress from the last beta loved the game[/citation]
Yea...but that's what alphas are for. Select few people are chosen who are least likely to take an unfinished game as an insult. Betas are for smaller bugs, and from what I've heard, there were only small bugs in the game. The stress test was likely just a bit more than they bargained for, and they need some extra time to get funds to upgrade their servers.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
yea, haveing what, how many million people log on at the same time effectivvly being a ddos attack but manual had nothing to do with diablo...

or the fact that people most likely tried for hours to log in, makeing more congestion...

you can not prepare for the innitial flood, unless you are lack luster and noone cares.

First...GW2 is not Blizard. It's a huge leap to assume Diablo3 problems have anything to do with ArenaNet. 2 Completely different companies. And the extensive beta testing and adjustments on ArenaNet's part shows that they are serious about quality.

I played the last open beta. 60+ FPS in explorable areas. But frames dropped low with a lot of people on the screen in a big fight. Earlier poster's comment about the beta not using CPU/GPU that much is correct. Still beta, not optimized yet, essentially handling a lot of things in software. So when they optimize the final version to make full use of multicore/multi-GPU I have no doubt it will perform fine.
(* I tested on: Single ATI 6850, AMD 1090T @ 3.8, Win7 64bit, 8GB RAM)

Also, I had 0 login issues for the 2 days I played. I must have missed the problem, but I did play almost all weekend. So I don't know what people mean when they talk about GW2 beta login issues. I had none.

Based on playing GW1 I have no doubts about their ability to support millions of players on release day. ArenaNet are very focussed on releasing a quality product to their customers. Their dedication to testing and making necessary changes based on the results is not a 'technical issue'. More companies should do this prior to release. That's the way companies SHOULD be treating their products/customers.

G

All we want is for ArenaNet to do is take their time, and release a polished, working great GW2, no worries here, I will wait in anticipation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.