Guild Wars 2 low FPS on r9 270x Hawk, AMD 1100T

Lifecore

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2014
I bought a new r9 270x Hawk graphic card a month ago and it runs really slow on best appearance options (VSync off, 1920x1080). 14-45 fps, average 26 (when I'm not in town). I installed the newest graphic drivers which are in beta and still nothing. I even updated my BIOS to newest version and overclocked my AMD 1100T (3.3 GHz - 3.9 GHz) processor and still no preformance boost. My motherboard is GA-MA770-UD3 (rev. 2.0) and I have 4 GB of DDR2 RAMs 800 MHz. I have no idea what I could do more to fix this so I'm asking for your help. Before this graphic card I had 4850HD Vapor-x and it run GW2 better then this new one.

Solution
4gb of ram the ubsolute minimum especially for online games. make sure you dont run out of it. check through performance tab on task manager and kill all unnecessary background activities or start up programs to free some memory. also make sure you have antialiasing lowered or even disabled cause its really taxing even for high end systems!
4gb of ram the ubsolute minimum especially for online games. make sure you dont run out of it. check through performance tab on task manager and kill all unnecessary background activities or start up programs to free some memory. also make sure you have antialiasing lowered or even disabled cause its really taxing even for high end systems!

Solution

CrispyChips

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
There's definitely a conflict somewhere...
I know the 14.1 and 14.2 BETAs have to be clean installed,not just upgraded. So if you didnt remove the old drivers before installing the betas,try that.
Im not experienced with 14.3 because i cant get beyond the Windows logo loading screen with them.
Could you post a screenshot of your Ingame graphic settings?