Guncraft Now on Steam Greenlight, Pre-Order For $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickchalk

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
what's the thing with the block and construction theme?
there was minecraft, it sold good, many played it(i didn't), that's the end.
why some would thing they could turn it into a shooter and it would sell?
and they say it's not a rip-off? is it a rape-off?
and the trailer! what are you thinking, that this is funny? not even for a ten year old.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
if this game allowed world building like minecraft, and wasn't locked down, i would get it just based on i love fps games that don't rely on graphics to be great.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Ace of Spades is good, out and free. Also if they wanted to be all unique and not be labelled a ripoff why did you name the title Guncraft... seriously. They are just riding the coattails of Mojang's trademarking.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]hate machine[/nom]Ace of Spades is good, out and free. Also if they wanted to be all unique and not be labelled a ripoff why did you name the title Guncraft... seriously. They are just riding the coattails of Mojang's trademarking.[/citation]

Named Guncraft, took booth just near Mojang...originality at it's finest.

"Were not mooching off Minecraft, i can assure you. Now in other news in the last update we've got this new Creeperz skin you guys gonna love and it's absolutely original in every way" :pt1cable:

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]Ummm...the only reason people play FPS games is because of the graphics...what else is there? A thrilling story? LOL[/citation]

Quake live would like to have a talk with you.

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
"Linux, no (sorry guys). " Quoted from their faq on their website.
Shame. I was about to fork out 10$ to buy the game, then read that. Ah well, their loss I guess.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]Ummm...the only reason people play FPS games is because of the graphics...what else is there? A thrilling story? LOL[/citation]

well, first off, getting the top score in a match
being a part of a team and doing crap that requires a team effort
the sense of accomplishment from being in the right place at the right time.

now if they also had minecraft quality world editor

-making a map and seeing people enjoy playing on it
-adding guns and scenarios to the game that are interesting for everyone to use

hell, you could even give us a 5 mile wide area
and either above ground or below ground we have to run and build our new spawn points
and the only way that you really loose is if your team has no more spawn rooms.
a spawn room is a 10x10x5 room, that has to be built in an exact way, and 5 people need to place at least 1 block each to make it.
and you can make as many spawn points as you want, and they only stop working when they have 50% total damage, at which point they violently explode in a 40x40x40 block radious, give and take but minimum they take out 32000 blocks

there you go, i gave you a game mode where building a base and complex as fast as you can to help shield your spawn is important, and that you cant just make a i dont care at all base.

a new way to play team death match.

wow, and i pulled that out of my (dont want sanction) in less than 10 minutes, and i would guarentee that it would be the most played mode in the game.

i would also make a mechanic that if the start base got destroyed all other spawns would take 25% damage.

Sep 18, 2012
Guncraft began its free open beta testing in July. Last month, the team made its way over to PAX and strategically obtained a booth right next to Minecraft.

http://quicktxlocksmith.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.