GURPS 4E Utilities

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

So, I was looking on the GURPS site, and saw that the vast majority of
utilities are still 3E. Are there any made up for 4E yet? I especially
liked Warren Wilson's combat play aids. I would also like to see a "body"
with hit location information listed on it, without having to photocopy the
book. Of course, *anything* is better than nothing ;-)

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:22:14 -0800, "Malachias Invictus"
<capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So, I was looking on the GURPS site, and saw that the vast majority of
>utilities are still 3E. Are there any made up for 4E yet? I especially
>liked Warren Wilson's combat play aids. I would also like to see a "body"
>with hit location information listed on it, without having to photocopy the
>book. Of course, *anything* is better than nothing ;-)

You're not the only one.
I'd expecially like to see a computer program like a "Character
Builder". It should not be that difficult to do.
I used for 2 years the GURU, and I liked it A LOT.
In 4th ed., it should be easier to do, thanks to the flat costs.

Korin Duval

--

"Truth requires a great amount of courage;
Fiction requires a great amount of maturity."

"Korin Duval" <korinNOduvalSPAM@yahoo.it> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:22:14 -0800, "Malachias Invictus"
> <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>So, I was looking on the GURPS site, and saw that the vast majority of
>>utilities are still 3E. Are there any made up for 4E yet? I especially
>>liked Warren Wilson's combat play aids. I would also like to see a "body"
>>with hit location information listed on it, without having to photocopy
>>the
>>book. Of course, *anything* is better than nothing ;-)
>
> You're not the only one.
> I'd expecially like to see a computer program like a "Character
> Builder". It should not be that difficult to do.
> I used for 2 years the GURU, and I liked it A LOT.
> In 4th ed., it should be easier to do, thanks to the flat costs.
>

> Korin Duval

Well GURPS Character Assistant is the official utility for GURPS 4th
edition. http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/characterassistant/

Unfortunately it is delayed. The GURPS 4th edition page lists it as coming
out March 2005.
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/#news, however, the upcoming releases page
lists it as coming out in May 2005,
http://www.sjgames.com/newproducts/newrel.html?m=4&y=5

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:26:05 GMT, "James Duncan"
<j.duncan@verizon.net> wrote:

[...]
>Well GURPS Character Assistant is the official utility for GURPS 4th
>edition. http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/characterassistant/

Will it be free?
I'll check it anyway... And use it surely if it's free!

>Unfortunately it is delayed. The GURPS 4th edition page lists it as coming
>out March 2005.

I can wait... Sitting aside the river (I have REALLY my home 50 meters
away from the longest river of Italy). :p

Korin Duval

--

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:26:05 GMT, "James Duncan"
> <j.duncan@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
>>
>>Well GURPS Character Assistant is the official utility for GURPS 4th
>>edition. http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/characterassistant/
>
> Will it be free?
> I'll check it anyway... And use it surely if it's free!

No it won't be free. It will cost about $20 (I think a little less for
download only).

>>Unfortunately it is delayed. The GURPS 4th edition page lists it as
>>coming
>>out March 2005.
>
> I can wait... Sitting aside the river (I have REALLY my home 50 meters
> away from the longest river of Italy). :p

Lucky you, I'm sure it's very scenic. Although, you are probably in the
flood zone, so I don't envy you during heavy rains and the insurance is
probably quite steep.

> Korin Duval
>
> --
>
> "Truth requires a great amount of courage;
> Fiction requires a great amount of maturity."

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:50:53 GMT, "James Duncan"
<j.duncan@verizon.net> wrote:

[...]
>> I can wait... Sitting aside the river (I have REALLY my home 50 meters
>> away from the longest river of Italy). :p
>
>Lucky you, I'm sure it's very scenic. Although, you are probably in the
>flood zone, so I don't envy you during heavy rains and the insurance is
>probably quite steep.

Really, it's a quite ordinary area, with 2-story houses, little towns,
etc., but I can reach Mantova (Mantua), Ferrara and Padova (Padua) in
more or less 1h by car or train each. ^__________^

The last flood we had here was in 1951, and it was really a disaster.
We had a huge rising of waters a few years ago, but nothing happened
thanks to the higher riversides built after "the '51".

The floods are more common in the centre-to-south area (I'm in the
north, 70-80 Km away from Venezia (Venice)), and they are not so
common anyway. I sleep safe. ^____^

Korin Duval