Guys, i'm having problems with my new Ryzen 5 build

Gustavo Bahls

Reputable
May 29, 2015
Hey guys, i used till today a fx 6300, mobo m5a78l lx/br from asus, 8gb ddr3 1333mhz, a evga 600w 80plus bronze psu, 2 hdds, and a evga gtx 970 sc. I bought a ryzen 5 1400, msi b350m Gaming Pro mobo and 1 stick of Ripjaws V 2800mhz (8gb stick), when i finished the build (i'm reusing the hhds, psu and gpu) i booted and went straight to windows 10, got the famous "no post", if i pressed DEL i got a black screen that never went away, making impossible to launch the os, and i never managed to get a post (i really needed to get into the bios), after some talking with msi support they told me to update bios inside windows, using their live update 6 tool, i updated from bios 2.0 to 2.6, the performance got WAY worse than it was before the bios update, and still, no post and no way of getting into bios, i removed the cmos battery, shorted the jbat1 pins with a screwdriver, changed the memory slot and still, no post, so i thought about formating the pc, i was never able to get it running windows again.

So, i'm sending mobo to rma (even though i know they won't trade it for me, cause i live in brazil and rma never works) but i got some questions:

is ripjaws 5 2800mhz compatible with ryzen mobos?
will i need to update the bios with an r7 brefore placing the ryzen 5 in the mobo? (cause i dont have one)
is there any mobo that comes from factory ready for ryzen 5?

I know that it is a long post, but sorry guys, i'm a little lost, i you could help me that would be great.

HybridWolf

Notable
Apr 18, 2017
Most Motherboards that come out of the factory in early May get the latest bios updates anyways, all ready for Ryzen. ( Assuming you are buying a AM4 Socket Motherboard )

That memory is a tad bit meh for that CPU.

I'd suggest going down to 2400 Mhz memory for the least problms to occur.

Hopefully this helps.

- TheHybridWolf.

Gustavo Bahls

Reputable
May 29, 2015

i couldn't reinstall windows, i can't boot from usb even if i press f8 while booting up, and if i start from inside windows when it reboots i get a infinite black screen =(