1x 8gb ram kingston hyperx
liquid cooling to the CPU
my mother board is
asus M5A78L-M LX3
hdd 1tb wd---wd10ezrx
power supply corsair vs650
help me solve the lag issue

Last edited:
Couple of things. The FX6300 is weak by modern standards, what FPS are you getting?

You also only have 1 stick of RAM so are only running in single channel and not dual channel.

What clock speed is your cpu actually running at while in game? What is your cpu usage on each core and what is your gpu usage?

Reactions: black-X-hammer
May 4, 2019
Couple of things. The FX6300 is weak by modern standards, what FPS are you getting?

You also only have 1 stick of RAM so are only running in single channel and not dual channel.

What clock speed is your cpu actually running at while in game? What is your cpu usage on each core and what is your gpu usage?

check and tell if something is wrong

my cpu is running at 3.65 ghz while in game
and when ran bench mark max usage was 77%
i am getting a max of 65fps and low of 39fps
ram usage 75%
gpu usage 40% max
in game graphic settings 1688/4096 used
gpu clock- 1231 MHz max
gpu memory clock-- 1650 MHz
vram utilization - 156%

all output are taken while doing benchmark in game
but it lags in multiplayer

Last edited:
Per message, performance looks about right when compared to other FX cpu's.

gta-v-cpu-1080-max.jpg

check and tell if something is wrong

my cpu is running at 3.65 ghz while in game
and when ran bench mark max usage was 77%
i am getting a max of 65fps and low of 39fps
ram usage 75%
gpu usage 40% max
in game graphic settings 1688/4096 used
gpu clock- 1231 MHz max
gpu memory clock-- 1650 MHz
vram utilization - 156%

all output are taken while doing benchmark in game
but it lags in multiplayer
You need to monitor all cpu cores, only takes 1 at 100% to limit performance. Total cpu is often not that meaningful.

That fps is about average. The fx 6300 is quite old and while GTAV is older, it is very cpu dependent.

Saying it runs on a PS3 is a bit of a stretch since it ran in the high 20s fps wise and looked bad.

I get about a slightly stuttery 80fps with an inferior 1050 and overclocked ryzen 3 1200 which is alot more powerfull than the 6300.

Concidering it stutters on my ryzen 3 it would be expected to stutter even worse on an fx 6300.

If you want better performance you will have to upgrade your cpu mobo and ram at minimum.

bignastyid

Titan
It was designed to run on the PS3,nobody said that it runs well on it but it was designed to run on something as old as a PS3.

The PC version was programmed/designed to run on a PC with PC specs in mind. They did this so they didn't release a poorly optimized port(GTA IV). This part of the reason why it came to the PC quite a bit after the console releases.

Reactions: PC Tailor
The PC version was programmed/designed to run on a PC with PC specs in mind. They did this so they didn't release a poorly optimized port(GTA IV). This part of the reason why it came to the PC quite a bit after the console releases.
That's one of the funniest things I heard in a while.
Did you ever play it? or just look at our forum, everyday there is a new post with somebody complaining on how badly GTA V runs for him.

That's one of the funniest things I heard in a while.
Did you ever play it? or just look at our forum, everyday there is a new post with somebody complaining on how badly GTA V runs for him.
Considering how poorly GTA IV ran in comparison, the PC port quality is obviously improved.
Regardless, keep it on topic here. The 6300 and single channel RAM are doing the OP no favors, regardless of what platform GTA was designed on.

Reactions: PC Tailor

bignastyid

Titan
Use to play it all time now only once in awhile. Most issues I see here with GTA V are caused by inadequate hardware, unrealistic performance expectations, lag/ping problems(multiplayer), 3rd party mods, too many background programs or what turns out to be a bugged pirated copy.

May 4, 2019
Use to play it all time now only once in awhile. Most issues I see here with GTA V are caused by inadequate hardware, unrealistic performance expectations, lag/ping problems(multiplayer), 3rd party mods, too many background programs or what turns out to be a bugged pirated copy.
well i have been using a original product and never have pirated any gta ever

May 4, 2019
That fps is about average. The fx 6300 is quite old and while GTAV is older, it is very cpu dependent.

Saying it runs on a PS3 is a bit of a stretch since it ran in the high 20s fps wise and looked bad.

I get about a slightly stuttery 80fps with an inferior 1050 and overclocked ryzen 3 1200 which is alot more powerfull than the 6300.

Concidering it stutters on my ryzen 3 it would be expected to stutter even worse on an fx 6300.

If you want better performance you will have to upgrade your cpu mobo and ram at minimum.
no its not that bad i am in hope of stabilizing the fps thats all cos previously i habd gtx750ti 2 gb and the game ran a sloid 45 fps all the time and some times 70 fps cpu is not that big of an problem its just that i need to optimize it

May 4, 2019
Still a lot of times these super ultra high settings need much more I/O bandwidth than a cheap system can offer so lower settings give higher FPS.
what do u mean i have 100 mbps in and out but this makes no sense as i have been playing on low settings all this time all my settings are on medium or low